PURPOSE: The purpose of the Funding Committee (COMMITTEE) of the Antioch Rotary Club (CLUB) is to recommend to the Board of Directors of the Club (BOARD) the expenditure of funds in the form of donations to charitable and not-for-profit organizations, both public and private, which it (the COMMITTEE) believes to be worthy of such expenditure.
MEETING DATES AND TIMES: The COMMITTEE will meet the Friday prior to the regularly scheduled meeting of the BOARD. The Chairman of the COMMITTEE shall give notice of meetings to all members via regular mail or e-mail no later than forty-eight (48) hours prior to any regularly scheduled meeting. In the case of emergency meetings, twenty-four (24) hour notice will be given unless otherwise directed by the BOARD or by a majority vote of all CLUB members present at a regular or special meeting of the CLUB.
MEMBERSHIP: The COMMITTEE will be composed of a Chairman, appointed by the President of the CLUB, the Treasurer of the CLUB, and such other members as the Chairman may select. It will be the goal of the Chairman to recruit at least four (4) additional members of the CLUB to serve as members of the COMMITTEE. The President of the CLUB will serve as an ex-officio member of the COMMITTEE. The President shall be invited to all meetings of the COMMITTEE and shall have the right to vote on all matters before the COMMITTEE.
TRANSACTION OF BUSINESS: All business of the COMMITTEE shall be transacted at regular and special called meetings of the COMMITTEE. Business may be conducted only when a quorum is present. A quorum for the purpose of this Section shall be defined as more than fifty percent (50%) of the members of the COMMITTEE. All actions of the COMMITTEE shall require a simple majority vote, whether for approval or non-approval.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES: In making decisions as to whether an organization is to be recommended to the BOARD to receive funding from the CLUB, the COMMITTEE shall apply the following principles.
- All requests will be treated equally. Current or past members of the Antioch Rotary Club, and/or the organization they represent, will not be given preferential treatment.
- Recommendations to the BOARD for funding will be made in the name of organizations only, as described below, not to individuals.
- The organization must be either a not-for-profit organization or an organization organized under Section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or both.
- The request must be one which, if approved by the COMMITTEE and recommended to the BOARD, will not involve the expenditure of funds for the purpose of providing for capital improvements, unless, in the judgment of the COMMITTEE, such capital improvements will directly and positively impact on improving the lives of those served by the organization.
Capital Improvements, as used in the Section, shall be defined as:
· New and/or expanded physical facilities;
· Large scale rehabilitation or replacement of existing facilities;
· Major pieces of equipment which have a relatively long period of usefulness;
· Equipment for any facility (new or remodeled) when first erected;
· The cost of engineering or architectural studies and services relative to an improvement in a facility; and,
· The acquisition of land for a facility (e.g., park, athletic field, etc.).
- All requests for funding must be in writing and received by the COMMITTEE prior to being recommended to the BOARD. This requirement may be waived in cases of emergency or when the BOARD or the membership of the CLUB so directs. "Emergency" will generally be defined as, "When the urgency of the request does not allow for time for the COMMITTEEE to meet as regularly scheduled, or in an emergency meeting, prior to the time the BOARD regularly meets.
- All requests recommended to the BOARD for approval must meet the motto of the COMMITTEE that "Our legacy is people." All requests for funding expenditures recommended by the COMMITTEE to the BOARD shall be justified in that such expenditures, if approved by the BOARD, and if necessary, as provided by the by-laws of the CLUB, by all members of the CLUB, will make a positive impact on the lives of the people served by the organization.
APPROVED by the COMMITTEE this 8th day of December 2005.